Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Appointment Update

So, my appointment for my annual exam was yesterday. I met with my nurse practitioner. She was very concerned regarding my very irregular cycles. I looked through my last year’s worth of charts and it shows I only ovulated 3-4 times. I think my average cycle length was in the 50 day range. I honestly think that we won’t get pregnant without any medical intervention. My blood pressure was 100/60. My BMI (Body Mass Index) was 19 though. She said she’d like to see me gain at least 5 pounds, maybe up to 10. I’m at a loss on what I need to do. I don’t have that big of an appetite. I know I will have to start exercising more and gain more muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat.

I told my husband about the appointment and how it went. I basically told him that if we want to get pregnant, it probably won’t be naturally. He seemed okay this time to me taking medication. I’m pretty sure the doctor is going to put me on clomid. So I’ll be thoroughly researching it.

I also think that I might have PCOS. But I’ll have to ask my gynecologist when I go back on Aug. 22. I will also have to remind her of the fact that I am Catholic and so is my husband. I am printing off that article on what is acceptable for infertility treatment and give her to put in my file. I also gave my nurse practitioner all my charts from the last year for my gynecologist to go over before my visit. I gave my gynecologist all my charts that I had last year as well. I really hope she actually is looking at them and is using them. I’ve heard stories of gynecologists totally blowing off any charting their patients have brought in.

I guess deep down I’m scared that I may never give my husband any children.

No comments: